Abstracts are invited for the combined 2018 RANZCP Faculty of Psychiatry of Old Age and the Asian Society Against Dementia Conference. The theme of the conference is ‘Ageing in the Asian century: new answers to old questions’.
If you wish to submit an abstract for consideration by the Scientific Committee, you must also intend to register for the Conference. Online submission is the only method of receipt of abstracts.
KEY DATES TO REMEMBER
|Abstract submissions open||Monday 26 February 2018|
|Abstract submissions extended||Tuesday 1 May 2018|
|Notification to authors||Friday 1 June 2018|
|Author acceptance of offer||Monday 6 August 2018|
|Author registration deadline||Monday 6 August 2018|
Authors will be required to indicate their preferred presentation format when submitting an abstract. The available presentation types are:
- Oral Presentation
An oral presentation is typically a 15 – 20 minute oral presentation. The presentation will include time for questions.
- Combined Symposium
A combined symposium consists of a maximum of six individual presentations submitted by one author on behalf of the group and under one common theme. Please ensure all information relating to each individual symposium presentation is included in the one abstract submitted. The standard time allocated per symposium is 90 minutes.
- Poster Presentation
A poster presentation constitutes a visual display of research projects. Your poster must not extend beyond the boundaries of your display board – one display board will be allocated per poster. The poster display will be an integral part of the program with dedicated times for delegates to interact with poster authors and ask questions. More information regarding the logistics of the poster presentations will be advised upon acceptance.
The FPOA ASAD 2018 Conference Scientific Program Committee are seeking papers that are clinically relevant to psychiatrists, geriatricians and other mental health professionals in the area of dementia and geriatric mental health. The following themes are broad and inclusive and may provide guidance for submission:
- Risk factors;
- Management and care;
- Education; and
CALL FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
Abstract submissions are a three step process. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure your submission is uploaded into the portal correctly.
Populating the abstract template
Download the relevant template via the below links, save it to your desktop and populate your abstract in to the template in the required format.
- Abstracts submitted not using this template will be returned to the author for correction.
- Text must be in Arial, 10pt font, single-spaced and left aligned
- Your abstract text should be no more than 250 words, excluding references
- Your abstract should clearly and concisely outline the CONTENT of the presentation and should include key points/issues to be addressed
- Where applicable, the abstract should include an introduction and the abstract body.
After completing the template, move onto step 2.
Creating an account and logging into the abstract submission portal
Firstly you must create an account in order to upload an abstract. To begin, please click on the button below.
Click “Create New Account” and enter your contact details. These details are required to create the account.
Once you have created an account within this portal you can proceed with your abstract submission, and you will later be able to use this log-in to view speaker briefing notes and register your attendance at the Conference.
Submitting your abstract
Once you have logged into the abstract submission portal, click on “Abstract Submission” in the top menu bar. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- The title of your abstract
- Presentation type (preference only)
- Name and organisation of all co-authors
- A brief biography of the presenting author (max 200 words)
- Your completed abstract
Once you have entered in this information you will then be able to submit your abstract.
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided. Incomplete or incorrect submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed.
- You will be able to access the speaker portal account to edit draft submissions and submit additional abstracts. To change successfully submitted abstracts please contact the Conference Office.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields.
CONFIRMING YOUR SUBMISSIONS
You are required to double check your abstract has uploaded correctly during the upload process. If you have any concerns, please contact the Conference Office via T +61 3 9645 6311 or E firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTIFICATION OF AUTHORS
Notification of the outcome of your submission will be communicated to the presenting author on Friday 1 June 2018. Please note the details provided as the author contact should be for the presenting author of your abstract. All correspondence relating to the submission will be directed to this person, and they should in turn distribute to all co-authors as applicable.
ABSTRACT SPEAKER REGISTRATION
The invitation to submit an abstract does not constitute an offer to pay travel, accommodation or registration costs associated with the Conference. Similarly, no presenter fee is paid to successful participants.
All presenters must register for the Conference by Monday 6 August 2018 in order for the presentation to be included in the Conference Program.
For any enquiries regarding abstract submission please contact the Conference Office.
FPOA ASAD 2018 Conference Office